Scout, my preschool boy, absolutely loves critters! In fact, we got a critter catcher from the dollar store for him to have fun catching bugs, lizards, frogs and whatnots. And I’m guessing your preschooler is similar.
This is a great opportunity to feed their excitement and curiosity about the world and all its creatures! Frogs are a wonderful place to begin, so check out these top 40 frog books for preschool kiddos that will be so much fun for your little love bug to learn more about.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See our disclosures here.
Download the Frog Activities For Preschool!
Since frogs are a vital part of the ecosystem, it is important for children to learn about their life cycles. The frog life cycle activities available for download are a great way to do this. The activities include a variety of tasks, such as coloring pages, crossword puzzles, and word searches. They also provide information on the different stages of the frog’s life cycle.
40 Frog Books For Children In Preschool
1. Frogs by Gail Gibbons is a great book for kids who are interested in learning about the frog life cycle. The book starts off with a simple explanation of what frogs are and where they come from. It then goes on to describe the different stages of the frog life cycle, from tadpoles to adult frogs. Along the way, readers will learn about the various adaptations that frogs have developed to help them survive in their habitats. “Frogs” is filled with engaging illustrations and fascinating facts!
2. The Frog Who Lost His Croak by Toni Williams is a fun and quirky story about a frog who loses his croak. When the other animals in the forest start making fun of him, the frog sets off on a journey to find his lost croak. Along the way, he meets a variety of animals, each of whom has their own advice for the frog. The Frog Who Lost His Croak is a delightful story that will have kids laughing out loud as they follow the frog on his comedic quest.
3. Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel is a classic story about two best friends who go through thick and thin together. The story follows the unlikely pair as they go on adventures, solve problems, and learn life lessons. Though they are different in many ways, Frog and Toad are always there for each other, making them the epitome of true friendship. The stories in this collection are heartwarming, funny, and timeless. They remind us that even though life can be tough, we all need a friend to help us through tough times.
4. In the classic fairy tale The Frog Prince, a frog is transformed into a prince after being kissed by a princess. But while the frog may have been happy with his new form, the princess was less than thrilled. After all, she had only kissed him because she felt sorry for him. It’s clear that she doesn’t really love him for who he is. And that’s not exactly a fairytale ending, now is it?
5. The Wide-Mouthed Frog (A Pop-Up Book) by Keith Faulkner is a hilarious pop-up book that follows the misadventures of a wide-mouthed frog. The frog’s big mouth gets him into all sorts of trouble, from swallowing a bee to getting his tongue stuck in a tree. But no matter how many times he gets himself into trouble, the wide-mouthed frog always manages to get himself out again.
6. The Lucky Green Frog: Picture Book For Preschoolers & Toddlers by Luna James is a charming story about a little green frog who is looking for luck. The frog goes on a journey, meeting different animals along the way, all of whom have their own ideas about what luck is. In the end, the frog learns that luck is something that comes from within. The Lucky Green Frog is a fun and inspiring story that will teach kids the importance of being positive and believing in themselves.
7. The Adventures of Itsy Bitsy Franny Frog – I Like That I am Green and You Are Blue by PhD CNC RND Mina Coccia is a fun and educational book about the many different colors of frogs. Itsy Bitsy Franny Frog is a young frog who is curious about the world around her. In this book, she set off on a journey to learn about all the different colors of frogs. Along the way, she meets a variety of colorful frogs, each of whom teach her something new about the world.
8. Lily Frog:: The Love of Pre-K by Mrs. Ashleigh Milligan Grandpre is a sweet and charming story about a young frog named Lily who is starting her first day of school. Lily is nervous about going to school, but she quickly makes friends with the other frogs in her class. Together, they learn about numbers, colors, and shapes. They also learn how to be kind and helpful to others.
9. In The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker, a frog named Harold falls in love with a princess named Elizabeth. Unfortunately, Elizabeth’s father doesn’t approve of their relationship and forces Harold to leave the palace. Harold is heartbroken, but he doesn’t give up on his love for Elizabeth. With the help of some magical friends, he sets out to win her back.
10. Frogs in Space is a light-hearted children’s book about a group of frogs who accidentally end up in outer space. The book follows the frogs as they try to figure out how to get back to Earth, encountering a variety of absurd obstacles along the way. While the book is ultimately playful and entertaining, it also includes valuable lessons about problem-solving and teamwork.
11. I Don’t Want to Be a Frog by Dev Petty is about a frog who is unhappy with his life and decides to change into something else. He tries a variety of animals, but none of them seem to be quite right for him. Ultimately, he comes to the realization that it’s better to be himself than to try to be something he’s not.
12. Freddy the Frogcaster by Janice Dean is a frog-themed weather book for kids. The story follows Freddy as he tries to figure out the frogcast for the upcoming week. Along the way, he learns about different types of weather and what causes them. He also discovers that even when the frogcast isn’t perfect, there’s still beauty to be found in every day.
13. In Tale of a Tadpole by Karen Wallace take early readers through the life cycle of a frog with short, simple sentences and illustrations.
14. In Fabulous Frogs by Martin Jenkins, readers will learn all about these amazing creatures. Did you know that some frogs can jump 20 times their own body length? Or that some frog species are capable of changing their skin color? Jenkins’ book is full of such fascinating facts, along with beautiful photos of different kinds of frogs from all over the world.
15. Too Many Frogs! by Sandy Asher is a frog-themed counting book for young children. The story follows a family of frogs as they go about their daily activities. Along the way, readers are invited to count the frogs as they appear in different settings.
16. Angry Frog Controls Emotions by Mia Sorokolit is a children’s book about a frog who is struggling to control his anger. When he gets mad, his skin turns red and he starts to swell up. He doesn’t like this about himself, but he doesn’t know how to change it. With the help of his friends, he learns some techniques for managing his anger and ends up feeling better about himself.
17. Froggie Went A-Courtin’ by Iza Trapani is a delightful read and retelling of the song of the same name. In the story, Froggie sets out to find himself a bride. He tries a variety of animals, but none of them seem to be quite right for him.
18. Todd the Frog Is So Bossy: A Story About Friendship by Marcia Thornton Jones is a frog-themed book about friendship. The story follows Todd, a frog who is always telling his friends what to do. His friends put up with him for a while, but eventually they get fed up and stop hanging out with him. Todd is sad and lonely until he learns the importance of being a good friend. This book is a great choice for anyone looking for a frog-themed book with a positive message.
19. In The Frog Who WantedTo Fly by Alex Latimer, we meet a frog who is not content with just being a frog. He wants to be able to fly like the birds. So he set off on a journey to find out how. Along the way he meets different animals who all have their own advice for him. In the end, the frog learns that it is important to be content with who you are.
20. Little Green Frog Chunky Lift-a-Flap Board Book by Ginger Swift is a frog-themed version of the classic children’s song “The Wheels on the Bus.” In the story, a frog tries to get to school but keeps getting sidetracked along the way. First, he has to eat his breakfast, then he has to put on his clothes, and so on. By the time he finally arrives at school, he’s so tired he can barely keep his eyes open. This hilarious book is sure to have young readers laughing out loud.
21. Oi Frog! by Kes Gray is a frog-themed rhyming book for young children. In the story, a frog tries to sit on different objects but keeps getting kicked off. Finally, he meets a frog who knows just the right spot for him. With its catchy rhyming text and adorable illustrations, Oi Frog! is sure to be one of the frog books for preschool kids you’ll love.
22. Hoppity Frog: A Slide-and-Seek Book by Mary Elizabeth Salzmann is a frog-themed seek-and-find book for young children. In the story, a frog tries to find his way home but keeps getting lost. Along the way, readers are invited to help him find his way by looking for hidden objects on each page. With its simple text and charming illustrations, Hoppity Frog is sure to be a hit with little ones.
23. It’s Mine! by Leo Lionni is about a frog who tries to claim everything he sees as his own. First, he claims a pond for himself and kicks all the other frogs out. Then he claims a lily pad, a fly, and so on. But when he tries to claim the sun, he finally learns that there are some things in life that just can’t be owned. This delightful story is will teach young readers the importance of sharing.
24. Frogs, Toads and Turtles by Diana Burns is an informational book about frogs, toads, and turtles. Did you know that there are more than 5,000 different species of frog? Or that toads can live for up to 40 years? This book is full of such fascinating facts, along with beautiful photos of different frog, toad, and turtle species. Whether you’re a budding herpetologist or just looking for a fun read, Frogs, Toads and Turtles is sure to please.
25. In the book by Geoff Waring called Oscar and the Frog: A Book About Growing, a frog named Oscar learns about the process of metamorphosis. He starts out as a tadpole, then grows legs and develops into a froglet. Finally, he undergoes a final transformation into an adult frog. Along the way, he learns about the importance of patience and perseverance. This charming story is sure to inspire young readers.
26. The Little Green Frog by Gwyneth Schilf is a book about a frog wanting to explore the world. It has simple sentences for early readers. The frog is very curious and has many adventures. It’s a great book for kids who are just starting to read.
27. Yoga Frog by Nora Shalaway Carpenter is a great book that introduces yoga to young children. In the story, a frog named Freddy learns about the benefits of yoga and decides to give it a try. He starts off with some easy poses, then works his way up to more challenging ones. By the end of the book, Freddy is feeling calm, relaxed, and ready to face the world. This charming story is sure to inspire young readers to give yoga a try.
28. Froggy Learns To Swim by Jonathan London is a frog-themed story about overcoming fears. In the story, Froggy is afraid of the water but his friends encourage him to give it a try. With their help, Froggy finally takes the plunge and learns that there’s nothing to be scared of.
29. From Tadpole To Frog by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfield is an informational book about the frog life cycle. Did you know that a frog goes through three different stages in its life? First, it starts out as a tadpole, then it grows legs and develops into a froglet. Finally, it undergoes a final transformation into an adult frog. This fascinating book is full of facts and photos that will young readers will love learning.
30. Growing Frogs by Vivian French is an informational book about frog metamorphosis. In the story, a frog named Freddy learns about the process of metamorphosis. He starts out as a tadpole, then grows legs and develops into a froglet. Finally, he undergoes a final transformation into an adult frog. Along the way, he learns about the importance of patience and perseverance. This is a fascinating book that will inspire your little kiddo!
31. I’m A Frog! is a hilarious picture book by Mo Willems. The story follows the adventures of a frog who is convinced that he is a chicken. Despite the protests of his animal friends, the frog stubbornly insists on acting like a chicken. He clucks, he lays eggs, and he even builds a coop. But when a fox comes along, the frog realizes that he might not be a chicken after all. I’m A Frog! is a funny and relatable story about being true to yourself. It’s also a great reminder that it’s okay to be different.
32. Frogs! by Beth Carney is a nonfiction book all about frogs. Did you know that there are more than 5,000 different species of frogs? Or that some frogs can jump 20 times their own body length? This book is full of facts and photos about these amazing creatures. Your child will love learning all about frogs with this fun and informative book.
33. Lily Lizard the Frog by Cara McNulty is a fun and rhyming picture book about a frog named Lily who loves to dance. No matter what her animal friends say, Lily knows that she was born to boogie. She loves to bust a move whenever she hears music, even if it’s just the sound of her own voice.
34. The Three Little Frogs by Demi is a classic fairy tale with a frog twist. In the story, three frog brothers set out on a journey to find their fortunes. Along the way, they must outwit a hungry wolf and avoid being turned into frogs themselves. This charming story is sure to capture your child’s imagination.
35. That’s Not My Frog by Fiona Watt is about a frog who doesn’t want to be found. In the story, a little girl is looking for her lost frog. But no matter where she looks, she can’t find him. Finally, she comes up with a clever plan to lure him out of hiding. This is a delightful story about finding things in unexpected places.
36. Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London is a classic story about getting dressed. In the story, Froggy wakes up and gets ready for his day. But every time he tries to put on his clothes, something goes wrong. His shirt is too small, his pants are too big, and his shoes are on the wrong feet. Will Froggy ever get dressed? This is a fun and relatable story that your child is sure to enjoy.
37. Froggy Goes To School by Jonathan London is a classic story about going to school. In the story, Froggy is nervous about his first day of school. But with the help of his friends, he soon learns that there’s nothing to be afraid of. This is a sweet and reassuring story that will help your child feel ready for school.
38. A Frog At My Sandwich by Christine Durkin is a funny and relatable story about a frog who gets into everything. In the story, a little girl is trying to eat her sandwich, but a frog keeps getting in the way. No matter what she does, she can’t seem to get rid of him. This is a hilarious story about the trials and tribulations of having a pet frog.
39. Froggy Goes to The Library by Jonathan London is a classic story about going to the library. In the story, Froggy is excited to go to the library for the first time. But when he gets there, he can’t find anything to read. With the help of the librarian, he eventually finds the perfect book. This is a sweet and reassuring story that will help your child feel ready for their first trip to the library.
40. Froggy Goes To The Doctor by Jonathan London is a classic story about going to the doctor. In the story, Froggy is nervous about his first visit to the doctor. But with the help of his friends, he soon learns that there’s nothing to be afraid of. This is a sweet and reassuring story that will help your child feel ready for their first trip to the doctor.
Frog and Toad Books Collection by Jonathan London
|Froggy's Lemonade Stand||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Goes to Grandma's||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Builds a Snowman||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy's Halloween||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Goes to School||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Plays Soccer||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Goes to the Library||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy's Birthday Wish||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Bakes a Cake||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy's Best Babysitter||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Plays T-ball||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Gets a Doggy||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Learns to Swim||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy's Baby Sister||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Gets Dressed||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Goes to Camp||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Eats Out||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Froggy Rides a Bike||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Don’t forget to download your activity pack!
40 Best Frog Books For Preschool To Read In Your Homeschool
Frogs are amazing creatures and there’s so much to learn about them! I hope you enjoyed this roundup of frog books for children and that your preschooler kiddo loves learning more about the amphibians! You can take it a step further and make a frog unit study or a frog themed unit that touches on multiple things about frogs if you want. I’m sure you can find some stuff online or on TpT.
If you want to keep learning about frogs, be sure to download our free printable life cycle of a frog. And if you have any favorite frog books that I missed, let us know in the comments below!
LOVE IT? IT? PIN IT! ⬇️
- 42 Cute Easter Sayings For Kids To Use Creatively In Your Homeschool 2023 - February 23, 2023
- How To Organize A Foreign Language Notebook For Homeschool Peeps - February 18, 2023
- Free Printable List of the Promises of God In The Bible + Free Bookmarks! - February 10, 2023